- LISD Band camp is for kids in grades 6-9.
- Students who have finished their first year of band need to sign up for the "INTERMEDIATE BAND." These students will meet from 8am-noon.
- Students who have had 2 years or more experience in band need to sign up for the "ADVANCED BAND." These students will meet from 1pm -5pm.
- The faculty of the LISD Band camp are LISD band directors and highly qualified and distinguished band directors from neighboring districts.
- Kids will generally play 4-6 full band songs
What does a typical day at band camp look like?
- 1st hour- full band
- 2nd hour- woodwind full sectionals/individual brass sectionals
- World Famous Popsicle Break!!!
- 3rd hour- brass full sectionals/ individual woodwind sectionals
- 4th hour- full band
Concert on Friday, the last day of camp!
- Intermediate Concert starts at 11AM
- Advanced Concert starts at 4 PM
What should the students bring?
- Reeds (for oboe, bassoon, clarinet and saxophones)
- Valve Oil
"Band camp was really fun and I like the popsicle break!"- Sydney